Tired of busy and hectic life? Need a short break from office and household chores? Here are some of the budget friendly weekend destinations from Kolkata that will rejuvenate your mind.
Are you searching for the most effective weekend getaways from Kolkata? You’d be delighted to grasp that Kolkata is encircled by varied fascinating places that will give the most effective break throughout your busy every day life. Whether you wish to encounter the impeccable sights of nature or wish to pay leisurely hours together with your treasured ones, the place offers you all! Here’s your final weekend getaway bucket list from the hustle-bustle of Kolkata. These visits’ area unit ideal for a brief keep therefore set up consequently.
(1) Shantiniketan – Shantiniketan is an incredible creation by Rabindranath Tagore. Shantiniketan incorporates a history that began in 1862. Debendra Nath Tagore, bought the land, desgined a guest house and planted trees. His son, Rabindra Nath began teaching here with simply five students under a tree in 1901 and it went on to become India’s initial University. For a history buff eager to persist a weekend tour from Calcutta, this may be a perfect possibility.
How to reach – Shantiniketan is 3km from Bolpur in Birbhum. It takes 5-6 hours to reach Shantiniketan from Kolkata by train and by road also.
Main Attraction- Tagore Museum, Art gallery, Koapi river, Visva Bharati, Chhatim tala, Amar Kutir, Tagore’s Ashram, Kala Bhavana, Patha Bhavan and many more.
Best time to visit- Any time except summer.
(2) Digha – Digha is that the most well-liked beach of West Bengal, and it wears a festal look of a well-liked piece of ground at some stage in the year. As shortly jointly reaches the town’s heart there’s associate degree excitement all around with the sight of crowds and therefore the noise. It’s a perfect party destination that you simply will visit over the weekend from metropolis.
Location- A town in East Midnapore
How to reach – It’s about 194-195 km from from Kolkata. It takes more than 4 hours to reach Digha by train or road.
Main Attraction – Sankarpur, Mandarmoni, Chandaneswar, Talsari, Mohona.
Best time to visit- September to March.
(3) Kalimpong – Situated at associate degree altitude of 1250 meters it enjoys temperate climate throughout the year. Somewhat secluded and tucked away within the corner underneath the massive Darjeeling umbrella, Kalimpong offers a quiet and relaxed weekend vacation against the scene of Kanchenjunga. If you’re trying to find luxury weekend getaways from Calcutta, this is often the place. You’ll cherish various exciting things to try to in Kalimpong
Location- A hill station in West Bengal
How to reach – By train 10 hours + 1 hour by road from Kolkata, By air : 45 minutes + 1-1/2 hours by road.
Main Attraction- Deolo Hill, Lepcha Museum, Durpin Monastery.
Best time to visit- Any time of the year except the rainy season.
(4) Bakkhali – Bakkhali beach rests on the south-western tip of the magical Sunderbans. The white beach snuggles against the fringes of the forest delta giving a singular tropical combination. It derives its name from the word bak, or red-beaked larid that is found in abundance here. If you’re designing weekend visits from urban center, place this at the highest of your list.
Location- A village in West Bengal
How to reach – 138 km from Kolkata. 4.5-5 hr by train
Main Attraction- Henry’s Island and Jambu Dweep
Best time to visit- July to March.
(5) Jaldapara National Park – Jaldapara National Park is situated at the foothills of Eastern Himalayas in Alipurduar, West Bengal. It is the home to famous one horned Rhino and many other varied and endangered wildlife species. It will be one of the best and serene place for short weekend trip from Kolkata.
Location- Alipurduar District
How to reach – 10 hours from Kolkata by train to New Jalpaiguri teh 3 hours of road journey from New Jalpaiguri.
Main Attraction – One- horned rhinoceros and many other endangered wildlife species.
Best time to visit- Any time of the year, except rainy season.
Here are the few weekend destinations which will help you to elope from hectic schedule.
Read more articles at – https://www.unveil.press/prostitution-and-the-life-of-prostitutes/