Apart from food and shelter, clothing is the third basic need of our life. Clothes not only protect our body from extreme weather conditions, but also reflect personalities. It is due to this, we are taught to wear clean uniforms in schools and also dress up according to a particular occasion.
“What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are quick. Fashion is instant language.”
Fashion keeps changing frequently. But there are some basics that we continue to wear irrespective of the changing trends. It is because some clothing styles are evergreen. Let us check out some of the options from both Western and Indian sections:
WESTERN ESSENTIAL OUTFITS:
- A Solid Black/White T-shirt: Every girl should have a solid black or white t-shirt to wear it in different ways. It is like a blank canvas which can be turned into a masterpiece.
Styling Tip: Try a white cropped t-shirt with a contrast-coloured saree. Accessorize with an over-sized watch.
2. A Crisp White Cotton/Linen Shirt: A white cotton or linen shirt is so comfortable to wear in summers. It is very versatile and can be worn with trousers or skirts.
Styling Tip: Try it with a long and colourful flared skirt. Complete the look with a statement necklace, like Anushka Sharma in the song ‘Cutiepie’.
3. A Denim Jeans : It doesn’t need an introduction. It is a college goer’s best friend. It goes well with tops, t-shirts and kurtis.
Styling Tip: For an Indo-Western look, try a blue, well-fitted, ankle length denim jeans with a long straight kurti.
4. A Black Dress : It is a staple for a party night. Length is a subject to one’s own choice.
Styling Tip: Try the Little Black dress with knee-length boots or with a chic blazer for an amazing winter-look.
5. A Denim Jacket: A denim jacket is a must have for every girl. It is comfortable to wear in all seasons. The neon-coloured denim jackets had been in trend throughout 2019-20. But a blue denim is a classic.
Styling Tip: Try a floral dress with a denim jacket. Accessorize it with a hat and a funky sling-bag or a small bag-pack for a vacation-look.
6.Black High Neck Cardigan: This is another staple for all the girls. It can be styled with both trousers and skirts. Get a high neck cardigan and your winter is sorted.
Style Tip: You can style it up with a graphic printed saree and complete the look with a long layered oxidized silver or gold necklace.
TRADITIONAL (INDIAN) ESSENTIAL OUTFITS: Ethnic clothings
- A Plain Black/White Kurti: A simple black or white kurti is enough to create a unique traditional look.
Style Tip: Try an all-black kurti-pyjama set with a brightred or pink dupatta for a festive look.
2. A long Lucknowi Chikankari Kurti : Chikankari kurtis have beautiful embroidery and are all-time favourites. They can be worn in any season and on any occasion.
Style Tip: Combine a white chikankari kurti with a white palazzo for a comfy look , apt for daytime.
3. A long Skirt: Long skirts look extremely graceful and feminine due to their flare. One can carry it with ease especially in summers. Tops, short kurtis, shirts go really well with long skirts.
Style Tip: Try to team a vibrant printed long skirt with a long, solid coloured kurtis with high slits.
4. A Banarasi Dupatta: Dupattas add grace to any salwar kameez set. But a Banarasi Dupatta is all you need to transform a simple look into a regal one.
Style Tip: Try and deck up a solid gold or beige churidar set with a bright coloured banarasi dupatta of your choice. Put on big chandbali earrings or overized jhumkas and you are ready for any function.
5. A Saree: This is known as 6-yards of elegance for a reason. It is an item without which the wardrobe of an Indian girl is incomplete. There is a saree for every occasion.
Style Tip: Drape your thick-bordered saree in dhoti style and add a metallic belt to glam it up.
Hence, let’s conclude that fashion is not about the huge collection of costly clothes but about styling a basic into a new avatar. And, there lies the creativity.